|Title||Shallow Dive into Database modernization|
|Presented||February 22, 2017|
|Description||Learn how easy it is to convert DDS files to SQL tables (and why you should).|
* Without recompiling anything!
* Remove those pesky "extension" files (you know, the ones you created because you needed additional fields but didn't want to add them to the file).
* Data-centric programming.
* Getting separation between applications and the database.
Mask and/or hide sensitive data with RCSC (Row and Column Access Control).
* Limit data access on a need-to-know basis, even if users have *ALLOBJ authority!
* Virtually no application changes.
Encrypt your data with FIELDPROC.
* Data, index, journals on disk or tape are encrypted.
* No one can get the data without the FieldProc program.
Run programs using adopted authority.
* No more granting super powers to the users.